Eigth reasons why trees are important:
- Tree equals life.
- 50% of all plant and animal species in the world live in tropical Rainforest.
- 70% of the world’s plants and animals live in forests and are losing their habitats to deforestation.
- 28,000 species are expected to become extinct by the next 25 years due to deforestation.
- More than 121 natural remedies in the rainforest can be used as medicines.
- If forests are destroyed through logging or burning, their carbon is released into the atmosphere as carbon dioxide, a climate-changing greenhouse gas. 15% of all greenhouse gas emissions are the result of deforestation.
- 300 billions tons of carbon are stored in the Earth’s forests, which helps regulate its climate by regulating atmospheric gases, stabilising rainfall, and protecting against desertification (Environmental).
- They play an important role in the water cycle, grounding the water in their roots and releasing it into the atmosphere.
When you buy Intiquilla you are helping
us to plant a tree per day.
Sign for latest sustainable news and tips